Freie Universität Berlin International Summer and Winter University (FUBiS)
FUBiS classes make use of the vast historic, cultural, and political institutions and resources Berlin offers. Study and field trips to museums, memorials as well as political and cultural institutions are integral parts of the curriculum. In some classes students have the unique opportunity to attend specially organized and exclusive round-table discussions with decision makers, diplomats, and experts in their field of study.
FUBiS is an intensive, academic program through which students can earn credits that may be counted towards their degrees at their home institutions. FUBiS sessions run for 3 to 6 weeks and take place both in summer and winter. FUBiS offers subject classes and German language classes for learners from all levels of proficiency. Most classes are held in English by distinguished German and international faculty.
The FUBiS program offers students many choices:
- Participation in either one semi-intensive German class or in one subject class.
- Intensive German language classes. These classes meet every weekday and allow students to focus on and thus considerably improve their German skills.
- Combination of language and subject classes (term II/III). This allows students to improve their language skills as well as further their knowledge of a subject matter.
- Combination of two subject classes (term II/III) which may count toward a major or minor at the home institution.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to participate
- Completed one year of college and university before the program, but applicant does not have to be enrolled at an university