The Berlin Mathematical School is a joint endeavor of the mathematics’ departments at the universities in Berlin: Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and Technische Universität Berlin.
They offer an excellent doctoral program taught in English in a broad and active research environment together with mentoring programs, language courses, soft-skills seminars, funding for summer schools and conferences, a buddy program and funding for students with children. Committed to equality and diversity.
Their eight areas are:
1. Differential geometry, global analysis, and mathematical physics
2. Algebraic and arithmetic geometry, number theory
3. Stochastics and mathematical finance
4. Discrete mathematics and optimization
5. Geometry, topology, and visualization
6. Numerical analysis and scientific computing
7. Applied analysis and differential equations
8. Mathematics of data science
Admission to Phase I: possible with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Admission to Phase II: possible with a Master’s degree or equivalent
You can apply at: http://www.math-berlin.de/application
Admission (scholarships available): 1 December 2018
Admission (limited number of scholarships available): 1 April 2019